- Many readers find Angus to be their favorite character in the book. What is it about a dusty, rough-cut biker that people might find appealing?
- Consider where the story is set: in a bustling city in the center of Granfer County. What is the significance of the city in the story? Does it suggest any real American city to you? Why?
- We do not discover Omniman’s real name until the very end of the book. What is it? What does his name reveal about his place in the world of the book?
- What is the nature of the title character’s mental illness? What does it lead him to do? How does it blind him to the truth?
- Answer this question within your reading group: Would you prefer to know the real truth (about yourself or anything) if tremendous anguish comes with it, or to believe a lie that gives you personal peace and happiness?
Interested in having Jeffrey speak at your book club meeting?
Be in touch; Jeffrey can join your meeting virtually.